About the role
Here is an excellent opportunity to work in an interesting organisation currently making changes to a web based Assessment Management System. It’s a complex system which needs quite a bit of work to ensure it functions to meet the needs of the business and the external users.
This requires experience with the LAMP stack, with a strong focus on My SQL and PHP skills. You are experienced to the level where you are self-motivated and autonomous in your work. In other words you know what you are doing. You are also happy to bounce ideas off others and there will be quite a bit of liaison with others.
Below are some of the key requirements for this role:
• You are an experienced web developer with excellent skills developing with PHP
• Your MySQL skills are very good and deeper than just a query level. Your experience includes advanced selects, unions, joins as well as proper indexing.
• Clear communication, both written and oral must be excellent – you will liaise regularly with others including some based overseas
• While you will be responsible for delivering your own work, you’ll also need to liaise with others to ensure your applications will integrate well with the core products
• Problem solving is another area in which you excel.
In addition you are comfortable in assessing what is required in order to hit timeframes and deadlines. Please contact us ASAP to discuss what you are looking for in the next step in your career, and we can talk about if this is a good match for you.
NOTE for Overseas Enquiries and Non NZ Residents
Whereas we welcome international enquiries, only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions.
Others may not necessarily be responded to. May we refer interested parties from overseas to the Immigration New Zealand website - http://www.immigration.govt.nz