As a company and as individuals, we observe the highest standard of professional ethics.
We undertake all our business in a manner that enhances the operation, image and reputation of PLACE.
Our commitment spans honesty, integrity, equity, fair practice, social responsibility and respect, as well as legal compliance. At all times, we act in good faith to one another, to candidates, contractors, clients, and others.
Our conduct holds up to disclosure and public scrutiny: we are proud of it.
Our Company Principles:
- Respect for the law
- In providing recruitment services, we will comply with all relevant legislation, statutory and non-statutory requirements, and will adhere to the official guidelines
- We will, if requested, make every reasonable effort to provide general advice on the impact of legislation
- We will have professional indemnity insurance in place and will provide evidence of this on request.
- Respect for honesty and transparency
- We will act honestly in all dealings with candidates, clients, and others
- In representing a candidate or client, we will not knowingly make a false or inaccurate statement, fail to disclose a material fact, or make a representation as to future matters, without having reasonable grounds for doing so
- We will adhere to principles of truth in advertising, only advertising positions we have permission to recruit for
- All fees, charges and services to be provided will be fully disclosed before acceptance of an assignment, or before any of the work has begun
- We will document all key stages of our recruitment process, in line with relevant legislation and good practice guidance.
- Respect for work relationships
- We will not carry out any actions that unfairly or unlawfully jeopardise a candidate’s employment
- We will not carry out any actions that unfairly or unlawfully interfere in the work relationships of others
- We will not try to prevent a candidate from seeking work from other sources
- We will treat other recruitment companies with respect and aim to work in a fair and open competitive environment.
- Respect for diversity
- We will adhere to the spirit of all applicable human rights, employment laws and regulations
- We will treat candidates, clients and others without prejudice or unjustified discrimination.
- We will treat all candidates and clients with dignity and respect
- We will aim to provide equity of employment opportunities based on objective business related criteria.
- Respect for safety
- We will act diligently in assessing risks to candidates and clients
- We will not knowingly put candidates, clients or others at risk
- We will tell candidates if we have reason to believe an engagement may risk their health and safety.
- Respect for professional knowledge
- PLACE will support staff development to maintain a satisfactory level of relevant and current professional knowledge
- PLACE will ensure staff are adequately trained and skilled to undertake their responsibilities in recruitment practice.
- Respect for certainty of engagement
- We will supply candidates with full details of the nature of the work, conditions of employment, rates, and method and frequency of payment.
- We will ensure any variation is notified beforehand, with the candidate or contractor’s agreement.
- Respect for prompt and accurate payment
- We will make any due payments promptly and accurately, in accordance with any agreed terms and legal requirements.
- Respect for ethical international recruitment
- We will supply all overseas candidates with the same level of information as stated in principle 7
- We will abide by all legislation and guidelines and provide all relevant information to candidates, clients and others
- We will ensure all overseas candidates are treated with the same high levels of professional ethics as those within New Zealand.
- Respect for confidentiality and privacy
- We will maintain the confidentiality and privacy of candidate and client information
- We will respect the confidentiality of records, in accordance with the law and good business practice.
- We will ensure permission has been obtained and documented before disclosing, displaying, submitting or seeking confidential or personal information.
Our staff commitment:
I will at all times
- Seek to enhance the good reputation of PLACE by upholding high standards in everything I do
- Act fairly, honestly, and courteously, avoiding any activities that may bring PLACE into disrepute
- Update my recruitment knowledge on an ongoing basis, each year committing to 20 hours or more of professional development
- Exercise due diligence and ensure the highest standards of timeliness, accuracy of information and advice
- Endeavour to provide the best possible recruitment solutions for PLACE clients
- Ensure all stages of the recruitment process comply with equal opportunities legislation and best practice
- Respect confidentiality of clients and candidates
- Only forward CVs from candidates who have provided clear permission to do so
- Ensure all prospective vacancies are discussed with a candidate prior to sending their CV to a client
- Make no material changes to CVs without the candidate’s prior documented permission (changing presentation and style is fine, unless expressly prohibited by the candidate)
- Avoid tasks beyond my personal level of skill, competence or qualification
- Ensure candidates and clients are made aware of this Code.
Our commitment to strong candidate and contractor relationships:
- We will only advertise current, and to the best of our knowledge unfilled, permanent and contract vacancies that have been registered with us by our client
- We will acknowledge every specific job application
- We will not put any candidate forward for a role without their prior knowledge and consent
- We will inform all candidates and contractors of the outcome of any interview we have arranged for them
- We will, on request, make every reasonable effort to provide general information on the impact of legislation
- We will, where practical, acknowledge all job applications and CVs
- We will on request, provide information on the options available to individuals concerning tax, levies and GST
- Our contractors will have professional indemnity insurance in place and will provide evidence of this on request
- We will honour and observe all agreed and documented notice periods.