Planning to move to New Zealand to live and work?


Whether you’re looking at a permanent or a temporary move, it’s vital you get the correct visa.

To settle permanently in New Zealand, you will need to apply for a Residence visa. For shorter stays a Work visa may be the best option.

Either way, you must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand before PLACE can find you a new job. All employers will require evidence of your entitlement, so please be ready to provide the documentation.

We strongly recommend you contact Immigration New Zealand at or a licensed immigration adviser, to ensure you get the correct advice and assistance through the visa application process.